Advantages and disadvantages of data cables of different materials
1. PVC data cable
Polyvinyl chloride, referred to as PVC (Polyvinyl chloride) in English, is a initiator of vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) in peroxide, azo compounds, etc .; or according to the mechanism of free radical polymerization under the action of light and heat Polymerized polymer.
Advantages of PVC data cable
1. Low cost, good insulation and weather resistance;
2. The price of PVC data cable is relatively cheap.
Disadvantages of PVC data cables
1. The texture is relatively hard and the resilience is poor, which is likely to cause fracture and peeling;
2. The surface is rough and dull;
3. It has a more obvious plastic taste and will release harmful substances.
2. TPE data cable
TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer thermoplastic elastomer) material is a kind of material with high elasticity, high strength and high resilience of rubber, and has the characteristics of injection molding. The basic structural feature of the thermoplastic elastomer polymer chain is that it simultaneously connects or grafts certain plastic segments (hard segments) and rubber segments (soft segments) with different chemical compositions. The force between the hard segments is sufficient to condense into micro-domains (such as vitrified micro-domains or crystalline micro-domains) to form physical "crosslinks" between molecules. The soft segment is a high-end segment with a large rotation capacity.
TPE data cable advantages
1. Excellent processing performance, excellent coloring, soft touch, weather resistance, fatigue resistance and temperature resistance;
2. Safe and non-toxic, no odor, will not cause any irritation to human skin;
3. Can be recycled to reduce costs.
Disadvantages of TPE data cable
1. Not tolerant to dirt;
2. No braided wire material is strong;
3. Improper use is prone to bursting.
3. Nylon braided data cable
Nylon-66, also known as nylon 66, polyamide-66, polyhexamethylene adipamide, a kind of nylon, has the characteristics of flame retardancy, high strength, wear resistance, electrical insulation, etc., its plastic raw materials It is a translucent, white or black crystalline polymer with plasticity. Nylon's strength and wear resistance are good, ranking first in fiber. Its abrasion resistance is 10 times that of cotton fiber, 10 times that of dry viscose fiber, and 140 times that of wet fiber.
Advantages of nylon braided data cable
1. Increase the aesthetics of the data cable and the external tensile capacity;
2. There is no silking phenomenon, soft, bent and compliant, the resilience is very good, it is not easy to entangle or crease;
3. Excellent durability, not easy to deform.
Disadvantages of nylon braided data cable
1. Greater hygroscopicity;
2. The dimensional stability is not enough.
4. Polyester fiber braided data cable
Polyester fibre (polyester fibre) is a synthetic fiber obtained by spinning polyester obtained by polycondensation of organic dibasic acid and glycol, referred to as PET fiber (polyester). The specific gravity of polyester is 1.38; the melting point is 255 ～ 260 ℃, it starts to bond at 205 ℃, the safe ironing temperature is 135 ℃; the moisture absorption is very low, only 0.4%; the breaking strength of the filament is 4.5 ～ 5.5 g / denier , Short fiber is 3.5 ～ 5.5 g / denier; breaking elongation of filament is 15-25%, short fiber is 25-40%; high-strength fiber strength can reach 7 ～ 8 g / denier, elongation is 7.5 ～ 12.5%.
Advantages of polyester fiber braided data cable
1. Has excellent wrinkle resistance, elasticity and dimensional stability;
2. Has good electrical insulation performance;
3. Resistant to sunlight, rubbing, mildew and no decay;
4. It has good resistance to chemical reagents and is resistant to weak acids and bases.
Disadvantages of polyester fiber braided data cable
1. Poor alkali resistance;
2. Poor dyeing performance.
5. Kevlar data cable
Kevlar, whose original name was KEVLAR in English, was also translated as Kevlar or Kevlar. It is the brand name of an aramid fiber material product developed by DuPont (DuPont) of the United States. The original name of the material was "polyterephthalamide-p-phenylenediamine".
Kevlar data cable advantages
1. Low density, high strength, good toughness, high temperature resistance, easy processing and forming;
2. Strength up to 3.6GPa, elongation modulus 131GPa, elongation at break 2.8%;
3. Tough and wearable, invulnerable.
Kevlar data cable disadvantages
1. The price is relatively high.